The Pennsylvania State Highway Patrol was
created in 1923, and was geared to handling the problems of the motoring public.
Cautious to keep members of this new organization from being
identified in any way with the State Police, enabling legislation was carefully worded to identify the Motor Code
enforcers as "designated officers" of the Highway Department.
Captain Wilson C. Price who had 18 years of excellent
service with the state constabulary was selected to to help build this new agency. He was one of the
original group of hearty souls that joined the constabulary on December 15, 1905. Learn